first came love

Sara popped into this world on October 8, 1984 in Cincinnati, Ohio.

sara

She waited patiently for her future husband to follow, and eight months later, Kevin arrived on June 22, 1985 in Houston, Texas.

kevin

Sara spent the next 18 years living in Cincinnati. Kevin spent the next 18 years living, well, everywhere.

As a child, Sara would often lay awake the night before big events, wondering if her future husband was also lying in bed right that minute, excited for Christmas, or nervous about the first day of school too.

sleeping

just snoozin' on the kitchen floor, dreaming about my future hubby.

As a child, Kevin never thought about his future wife, probably because he was normal.

fishing

just fishin' with my dad

After they graduated from high school in 2003, Sara and Kevin headed to Miami University.

Sara picked Miami because they had an international campus in Luxembourg and she really wanted to study abroad. She also liked the color red.

Kevin picked Miami after looking at the campus online while going to high school in Geneva, Switzerland. When he arrived for freshman orientation, it was actually his first time ever being at Miami. Sara likes to think it was his yet discovered love for her that drove him to Ohio.

miami university

During April of their freshman year, Kevin and Sara finally met at the Delta Chi fraternity house. (At this time, Kevin would like to point out he was not in a frat. He was just there for the free milks – as was Sara.)

They quickly became friends and spent the next two years not dating.

Finally, during their junior year of college, Sara and Kevin decided they might like each other more than they thought and decided to give this dating thing a try.

sara and kevin college

It worked out. Five years later, they were married.

And then one year and two months later, this happened:

pregnancy test

And then it happened again, and again, and again – as Sara likes to pee on her money.

pregnancy tests

Oh, and this happened too:

11 week nuchal screen

Sweet Pea at 11 weeks, 3 days

Baby Sweet Pea – Expected July 24, 2012!

About these ads
This entry was posted in pregnancy and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to first came love

1. Cindi says:

WOOHOO!!! What a fantastic story! Thrilled for you guys – congrats!!!

2. Katy says:

Oh my gosh, YAY! Congratulations!!! SO excited for you!

3. Yayyyyyyy!!!!!! So thrilled for you! Cute post, too :) hope to see you soon!

4. Tasha says:

Cute story and congrats kids!

5. Tracy & Tim says:

That is so sweet!!!! Congratulations guys, and get ready for the thrill of a lifetime!!!!!!!!! Love Tracy and Tim Corcoran

6. Michelle says:

Yay! I’m so happy this is finally public! I’m so excited for you and Kev!!!

7. Congrats! I’m 10 weeks today with my first baby! :-) Just found your blog through twitter today!

8. Sally Stock says:

Sara, this is definitely my favorite post so far. We love you both so much and Dad and I are thrilled to be grandparents!! Sweet pea is one lucky little fetus to have parents like you!!

9. Joy says:

Yay! Sara and Kevin! I’m sure you are all just over the moon! Congrats!

10. megshuff says:

Absolutely fantastic!!!! Loved this post. As always, entertaining writing!

11. michelle says:

Congratulations!!! There is something in that Fort Mill water huh? ;)

12. Kimbogem says:

OMGBBQ sauce this is amazn, congrats Sara!!! How wonderful! Saw Stacey’s baby last week sooo adorable!

13. Stacey says:

AHHHH!! I am ecstatic! So happy for you. Let’s talk soon!!

14. Rene says:

This makes me so so so happy – what a fun blog post, SSSC! :) I’ve loved being your friend through this journey, including the night I was visiting you at Miami and enjoying milks at Delta Chi and you met Kevin as you stole some from his fridge!

Thank you for going out of your way to meet up and surprise me with this news when you were in Cincinnati – I cannot wait to meet little Sweet Pea Carr!

15. Lauren says:

Love the post! Matt and I are so excited for you two, congrats!

16. Joy says:

“Sara likes to pee on her money.”

HAH!

17. Very cute post. Congrats again!

18. Pingback: getting through the first trimester |

19. Jessica Hemmer says:

I just read this and died laughing… I love the way you think. You make me smile Sara!

20. Bibliophiled Away says:

What a cute story! I too lived in Cincy for the first 18 years of my life but now call Charlotte home. I try to get back to visit at least once a year, mostly for the food;)

• sarasuzanne says:

too funny! i was so ecstatic when i found out you can get graeter’s at earthfare and fresh market. have you tried it there yet? they have about 4 flavors on hand, and thankfully black raspberry chip is one of them, so all is right with the world!

21. Bibliophiled Away says:

In fact I got some very suspicious looks from fellow Fresh Market shoppers when I happened upon the ice cream section! Now all I need is a Skyline and a LaRosa’s and my life in the South would be complete! How often do you get back to visit? What do you miss the moist?