If you’ve been keeping up with Viva Catalina, you should know I’m long past the days of chowing down on salads bathed in that sweet orange sauce.
Instead, I’m all about making dressings from scratch. As avocados are my most favorite food in the world, it’s only natural that creamy avocado dressing is the first post in a new series on Viva Catalina.
Going forward, Viva C will feature a weekly homemade dressing, vinaigrette or marinade. These featured recipes will not only keep your salads whole and healthy, but they’ll also work great on meats, seafood, veggies and more.
This creamy avocado dressing only requires four ingredients, and it’s so simple to make. I used it on my kale salad tonight, plus as a topping for my veggie burger too!
creamy avocado dressing
source: whole living, february 2011
serving size: 4
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seed removed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine avocado, vinegar, mustard and oil in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth (it will be thick).
- Season with salt and pepper.